Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:TW ForumEntertainment: MoviesHorror Movies!
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Horror Movies!

So I can accurately judge all of you for your (probably) appalling taste, post your favourite horror movies!

I'll start with the easiest, the movie that there's no excuse not to watch. Romero's Night Of The Living Dead, the gem that spawned a torrent of crappy zombie movies, and a few good ones too.

If you haven't seen it, go check it out there's about 500 versions on YouTube since it's in the public domain. Just be sure not to check out the 40th Anniversary edition. They decided to give a pointless back story to the first zombie you see, added some new scenes and re scored it. Why mess with perfection?

Uploaded files:
  • Night-of-the-living-dead.jpg

My favourite horror movie of all time has to be Day of the Dead. Both because it's a cracking film and I watched it at what was obviously some kind of pivotal time or something.

I had my mind blown the other day when I watched the extended version of Dawn of the Dead and noticed Joe Pilato has a role in that. It’s only a small thing, pointing a gun at Flyboy but I’m positive it’s him.

Day has a really cool atmosphere to it, those opening shots build the world up perfectly. I watched it when I was like 13 and the effects were so good I was convinced they were using real bodies.

Uploaded files:
  • 6BDF0D14-38C6-45ED-ADDF-4B03178C4376.jpeg

For dead movies.

Return of the Living Dead is my favorite.

Quote from Young Alex on June 21, 2019, 1:21 am

I had my mind blown the other day when I watched the extended version of Dawn of the Dead and noticed Joe Pilato has a role in that. It’s only a small thing, pointing a gun at Flyboy but I’m positive it’s him.

Day has a really cool atmosphere to it, those opening shots build the world up perfectly. I watched it when I was like 13 and the effects were so good I was convinced they were using real bodies.

That was definitely him. I wonder how they got on with their looking for an island...any island?

Have you got any cigarettes?!

Return of the living dead is a great film. I was definetely not at an appropriate age to see that woman dancing naked in a graveyard. Loved it.

Alright I'll throw another one of my favourites in, the most generic favourite of all time but I just really appreciate how John Carpenter managed to turn zero budget to his advantage and use light to create a wonderful tense feeling throughout. Watched it at a special time so it's always going to be in the hypothetical top 5

Uploaded files:
  • the-night-he-came-home.jpg

Forgot a good one.

The 2009 Revenant.

A soldier is killed in the Iraq desert and comes back to life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenant_(2009_film)

My all-time favourite horror film is Kubrick's version of The Shining - I'm more than a little bit obsessed and I've lost count of how many times I've seen it.

Honourable mentions go to Jaws, Halloween, Suspiria, Dawn of the Dead, The Exorcist, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Herzog's Nosferatu, Eraserhead, Videodrome, The Evil Dead and Cannibal Holocaust.

Quote from Hayden on June 21, 2019, 1:13 am

My favourite horror movie of all time has to be Day of the Dead. Both because it's a cracking film and I watched it at what was obviously some kind of pivotal time or something.

Day is SUCH a great film and, until the trio of sub-par sequels that followed with Land of the Dead, it was so underrated.

It's so just bleak and claustrophobic.

Quote from Paul Alaoui on July 7, 2019, 9:14 am
Quote from Hayden on June 21, 2019, 1:13 am

Day is SUCH a great film and, until the trio of sub-par sequels that followed with Land of the Dead, it was so underrated.

It's so just bleak and claustrophobic.

I quite like Land of the Dead too, it's kind of an interpretation of what Romero originally wanted to do with Day of the Dead but budget constraints (because he wouldn't do an R rated film) wouldn't allow it. The following two really were pretty awful though.

©2020 TriggerWarning.tv