Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:TW ForumEntertainment: MoviesHorror Movies!
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Horror Movies!

How about a great British classic, 'Day of the Triffids'

I always did like the 'War of the Worlds' reboots.

Quote from Paul Alaoui on July 7, 2019, 9:10 am

My all-time favourite horror film is Kubrick's version of The Shining - I'm more than a little bit obsessed and I've lost count of how many times I've seen it.

Honourable mentions go to Jaws, Halloween, Suspiria, Dawn of the Dead, The Exorcist, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Herzog's Nosferatu, Eraserhead, Videodrome, The Evil Dead and Cannibal Holocaust.

Mate there's some cracking choices in there. The 1922 Nosferatu scared the living hell out of me as a kid, one of the only silent films I watched back then that managed to keep my attention, I've yet to see Herzog's but I have heard excellent things about it.

Suspiria is wonderful, it's like a crazy acid nightmare, the use of colour and sound in that movie is exceptional, even if it suffers the problem common to Italian horror's of that era... "Surrealist Logic" haha!

Because there's some excellent choices there I got to throw a few more obscure ones in myself. Romero's 1978 (Same year as Dawn OTD) Martin - A wonderful, darkly satirical take on Vampirism.

Deathdream - A great low budget movie from 1974 in which a soldier killed in Vietnam, returns home... Tom Savini's first film doing practical effects.

Blue Sunshine 1978 - more into thriller than horror but features some excellent horror sequences, and filled with things you just are not expecting!

Uploaded files:
  • deathdream_poster_01.jpg
Quote from BurntBulb on July 11, 2019, 2:51 am

How about a great British classic, 'Day of the Triffids'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOikSqJ83k

Cheers for this one mate, I've bookmarked that to check it out!

©2020 TriggerWarning.tv