You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What the Fuck did you cook 2

Quote from Dan on June 20, 2020, 10:47 pm

I love making pizza, it’s one of those things that is almost immediate gratification. True, I make my dough the day before, but when you want pizza it’s quick to sort out. Do you make your own sauce? I use san marzarno tomatoes, finely chopped garlic, a little thyme and loads of basil.

Damn, I’m hungry now.

I have a basic tomato sauce that I use for everything. 1 can each of tomato paste,  sauce,  diced tomatoes. One onion cut into quarters. Only add salt (if u want), but no spices at all! Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to a simmer uncovered, still stirring.  Depending upon how much your making, simmer from 30 minutes to an hour. Remove onion,  jar while still hot or let cool and freeze. Makes a great base for everything tomato - chili,  spaghetti, marinara, soups, pizza. jerky and even female wrestling.

Quote from BurntBulb on July 1, 2020, 8:08 pm
Quote from Dan on June 20, 2020, 10:47 pm

I love making pizza, it’s one of those things that is almost immediate gratification. True, I make my dough the day before, but when you want pizza it’s quick to sort out. Do you make your own sauce? I use san marzarno tomatoes, finely chopped garlic, a little thyme and loads of basil.

Damn, I’m hungry now.

I have a basic tomato sauce that I use for everything. 1 can each of tomato paste,  sauce,  diced tomatoes. One onion cut into quarters. Only add salt (if u want), but no spices at all! Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to a simmer uncovered, still stirring.  Depending upon how much your making, simmer from 30 minutes to an hour. Remove onion,  jar while still hot or let cool and freeze. Makes a great base for everything tomato - chili,  spaghetti, marinara, soups, pizza. jerky and even female wrestling.

Always good to have a stock of a good base sauce, a dinner is only a couple of minutes away...

I accidentally seem to have made about 8lb of breakfast sausage.

Uploaded files:
  • 9AFB02E9-D7A4-45A5-841F-3D556827F35E.jpeg

With M's much older brother and sister in law, they told me they don't get much beef at the managed care retirement apartments where they live. DING DING DING! I fed them beef 4 of the 6 days they stayed with me. The big thing I had concern about was the size of the servings. The morning beef/cheese/egg biscuit weren't a problem but try to find rib eyes and new york strips small enough for octogenarians. E (the brother) loves any kind of beans, R (sister in law) loves salads. So I didn't have any problem with the sides. R kept saying to me they wanted to take me out to eat at a restaurant. I pulled a fast one on her. Pulled into Bojangles bought $30 worth of tail gate and a box and while they went inside the house I set up on the deck furniture, paper plates and plastic ware and food, so when E came out he dug in, but when R came out she kept bitching about how this is not what she meant! So we compromised. When I come to visit them in Florida they take me out to eat at a sea food place. I can't wait to have some blackened alligator.

Had another pizza-fix weekend. Saturday make a seafood pizza with small tins of tuna, sardines,  smoked oysters and crab meat. Made the sauce from a small tin of mackerel in tomato sauce mixed with my usual tomato base. Used monteray jack and white cheddar, along with the usual- chopped onion green and red peppers and black olives. Some seafood rub and a little gumbo seasoning for flavor. not bad for a first try, oysters were a little heavy for the softer meats. Cats like it. Watched every morsel from plate to hand to mouth. Yes, they got some, but not much.

Sunday tried a vegetarian pizza. Usual tomato base, the usual chopped ingredients along with some chopped fresh spinach, cauliflower, grated radishes and carrots. Missed on the spicing, went with my usual italian flavoring, so it was a little bland, didn't work well with the veggies. Still for a off-the-cuff effort - not bad. Cat didn't come near it.

©2020 TriggerWarning.tv